Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vietnam




Holy freaking crap - what a month. Ya know when ya do something like this, its always a good idea to write down goals. Specific stuff ya wanna laugh at over a beer with someone way down the line. Maybe its this beer with the pops on a Vietnamese beach called Vung Tau.

...absolutly amazing.



Maybe its crawling around in this - as laughter no longer fits, rather a nostalgic cheers to all the crazy kids who would crawl into this. With a pistol, and a flashlight...looking for their Vietgong counterpart.



Looking for something like this:


Then...do this:



Crawl into this:



Without a flash on your camera...


While you're in this obnoxious debacle, don't get caught in one of these:


...usually covered with a piece of paper masked with dirt.


...dont get whiplash:

I’ve been here for 5 months as of today. I’ve been humbled everyday in many different situations, regardless if I am in Asia. A Texas State basketball camp, or in most cases a cute girl at a bar…haha. Most cases – psh. But the fun thing, laughing about it over a few drinks at the REX Hotel in Ho Chi Minh where a majority of the big brass used to stay during the war. The guys sending young men to die for their indecision and probably even ego.



I really think it takes a lot to humble yourself and realize that every day for the next 7 months, you’ll be waking up in a country where you’re not only a ‘waygook’ (fingre quote it)…you’re also a deaf and blind white dude trying really hard to get into graduate school or even find an ellusive bar in Gwangju. As was the case last evening.


Yeah its freaking bad the hell ass that I’ve been to 6 countries before I’m 24. But according to Korea (as I was born in 86) - I'm 24 as of January 1st. But, I've still got a GRE to deal with on June 12th.


It took me a boat in the Mekong Delta, to stop worrying about grad school.









Haha, watch Dad try to find the toothpicks - and me try to get that damn piece of fruit on my toothpick...

No comments: