Monday, October 19, 2009

The day I ATTEMPT, to get a cell phone.

9:19 a.m.

Last night was good, met a bunch of foreigner’s from Canada. They were giving me shit for saying: where ya’ll going right now? They were like…ya’ll?!? Then of course, they were like…the pasta is amazing here! But they said, paaaaahhhhsta. Bah, haha, haha.

So bad

Anyway, I’m supposed to teach with homegirl today but no idea (as always). I asked her if we teach at 9:40 (like it says on the schedule) and she goes…no "you teach with you’re 재외동포 (homeboy) teacher today!" I’m like…he told me that I teach with you today…48 seconds later (serioulsy counted) she goes…ohhhh, I see!!!!

Hows a bit of a Korean lesson?
An-yong-say-o = hello!
Amm-sam-ne-dah = thank you!

If you say it really fast, it sounds like Korean. Just be sure to say it realllllly fast. Haha

She’s so nice, I’m hoping we can try to get a cell phone today. I’ve got my alien card and everything. Its kinda weird, it has a picture of Will Smith from Independence Day on it…just kidddddinnnnnnggggg.


"...now thats what i call a close encounter"

I just found out the way the coffee situation works over here. What cha do, is heat up water in this little thingey. Like a pitcher that has a hot plate on the bottom, and ya hit a button and it boils the water in like 20 seconds. Its pretty cool to be honest. Then ya just make instant coffee, that’s not too bad.

I’ve got one at my apartment, but I’m not sure if it’s the same kinda. Judy from ‘Nebraska’ left it for me. You didn’t forget to ‘air quote’ did ya?

Just talked with homegirl and we’re supposed to try to get a cellular today. The Education Ministry keeps wanting my cell number, and I try to give them my email. I honestly think skype will suffice for a qhile, but…its kinda annoying when ya wanna call someone at a bar.

Apparently we’re teaching in 3 minutes? Seriously, I guess I may just be anal about time. But, its nice to know when something (or if) its gonna happen.

10:45 a.m.

Oh, it happened. Its gonna be nice to be here and not worry about time…all the time. According to Canadian Connection’s book thing, apparently time just doesn’t exist to Koreans. Its not a biggie to be late – to anything, ever! 2 more classes, then lunch, then cell phone (that I leave early for work for…makes me feel shady)

11:33 a.m.

Was it Law and Order that did the dramatic music when they showed the time?? I’m gonna have to figure out how to put in some sort of dramatic piano riff each time you guys see the time. Anyway, the first class I taught today was on freaking CRACK, and SPEED, and like 1000000 cups of coffee.

Second class…not so much. They were more like on…valium

So co-teacher lady says, you guys look very tired!!! I’m like, yeah like they were drugged last class. So, its our job to wake their punk asses UP! Haha, naw I kid I kid, I’m not a mean teacher. I’m just…energetic…I guess. We did a chant and I got them all clapping and singing (yelling really) and going crazy. By the end, I swear they were on crack!

One more class at 11:40, then its time for lunch. Freaking excited, as I am everyday. But, I’m supposed to go waterskiing this weekend, but things typically fall through when this particular group of canadians get together. Weird stuff always happens to them apparently, they tried last weekend but their boat they were gonna get ran out of gas in the harbor and never made it to the place where they were gonna go.

Maybe a little American juju will bring good luck to them!

Anyway, I’ve underestimated the power of facebook. Its pretty crazy how easy it is to get ahold of people here via facebook. Its how I meet up with everyone or how I get phone numbers to skype them. Its pretty awesome.

12:23 p.m.

So that class was on…crack, speed, heroin, hyper crazy pills, and caffeine. Those kids are CRAZY, same class that asked me what happens if ya say f*ck you to Obama. Haha, they’re fun though.

Sigh, its weekend time now (that’s how co-teacher lady says it)…its pretty funny.

I just got on my buddy’s facebook, he’s gay, and he’s got this quote that says…

“Homosexuality is a disease….let’s all call in sick tomorrow…”
“Hello, Pizza Hut”
“Hey man, I’m still sick!”
“Ah, still queer?”
“Yep, still queer”

Haha, I’m sure the younger crowd reading would appreciate that more. Sigh, good times.

3:28 p.m.

Yep, just haning out at schoorrrr. Glad I didn’t forget about lunch today…that’d been lame. Anyway, I’ve got nothing today, other than…

Yeah nothing…

Cheers from Mokpo!!!

No comments: